Thursday, March 20, 2014

New Orleans Museum Visiting

 During a recent week spent in New Orleans we found countless works of art to appreciate. I fell in love with two painters in particular at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art

 Clarence Millet's 20th century landscape oils absolutely glowed. The brushwork was loose and fine at the same time.


 The "cosmic vision" pastels of Will Henry Stephens really hit me....so inspiring.



 Gaston Lachaise'  Heroic Man towered over the competition at The Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden at NOMA. 
And plenty of competition there was...over 60 modern and contemporary sculptors from all over the world were represented in this pleasantly designed garden with walks, bridges, pavillions and lagoons. 
Free admission.  Thank You! 


City Park in New Orleans has a slogan..."Every great city deserves a great park"...they sure got that right. Art, music, great food and friendly people are the norm there!


If you want to see why we were in Louisiana and what else my daughter and I did there look at the Fifty State Plein Air Painting Project.

I try to visit at least one art museum/gallery every month and write about it here...usually, just briefly sharing what I liked most. I welcome your museum faves and comments, too.

No comments:

Popular Posts