Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Butternut Gallery and Second Story Books



One of the best things about my hometown, Montrose, PA is the Butternut Gallery and Second Story Books. The proprietors, a husband and wife team, Betty Bryden and Tom Canouse, show a continually changing selection of fine art and craft. Their collection of lightly used books never ceases to amaze me; always something I'm interested in. This place is a treasure in the community. How lucky to have this enduring business and cultural addition right in the center of town. They regularly show the work of over twenty artists.

I  moved away from the hometown of my life. I now live in Vermont, but I return to the Butternut several times a year and I bring my new paintings there. Stop in during the holidays for some good cheer,  new art,  unique gifts and good reads...children's books, too. 570-278-4011

No comments:

Popular Posts