Saturday, September 11, 2010

Night Watchman


This 9 x 12 sunset beach scene was done in the studio today recalling my lovely trip to Delaware in May. I thought it a fitting and reverent way to commemorate the 9/11 tragedy; by thinking and wishing for peace and tolerance among all people - religious or not. And by acknowledging those who now rest in peace. And by offering comfort to those who miss them with every waking breath. I titled it in hopes that our protectors are vigilant and watchful.

4 comments:

Zoe said...

A beautiful painting, with matching sentiment.

MP said...

It's a lovely painting and an appropriate tribute.

Pamela said...

Lovely! It is so peaceful, reminds of the song, I have been trying to think of it for an hour, when I find it will let you know.

Pamela said...

The song this reminds..."I have come to the Lake Shore."

Popular Posts