Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Nasturtiums Demo


SOLD
Monday during the Artists' Open House Weekend I painted this bouquet for my watercolor demo. It is on a hot pressed surface; Strathmore 500 illustration board. Most of this was done during the initial one and a half hours. I had been studying the pitcher of flowers for two days as it sat in my studio. And I spent some time putting a few finishing touches to it on Tuesday. Maybe it is done now. I will look at it a bit more before it goes into a frame. I am very happy with the way the orange flowers pop out from the grey background. It has a certain looseness that I like. Of course it could always be better....next time.


Thanks to everyone who watched...so nice to have a truly interested audience who actually love to watch paint dry.

3 comments:

Cynthia Foresman said...

I like this watercolor ...it was amazing to me to watch all the colors you used to make the "white" pitcher. Eye-opening ...had to check some details of your other work :)

Pamela said...

Sorry I missed this one. It is truely lovely, nothing like a white object to reflect the colors in the painting. Also the colors in the flowers and leaves are so transparent and I am not going to leave out the reflection of the white on the table. Inspirational!

Caroline said...

Sorry I couldn't make it, too busy at the gallery! I love this painting! As always perfect!

Popular Posts